The Current World Record Jackpot Win: Over €19.4 million!
One lucky online casino player in Belgian shattered the world record by landing a progressive jackpot payout of more than €19.4 million in April 2021. The player, who wishes to remain anonymous, staked just €15 on the Absolootly Mad Mega Moolah progressive jackpot pokie at Napoleon Sports & Casino and landed the biggest jackpot win in history.
“The feeling at that moment is just indescribable,” he said in a press release prepared by Napoleon after the win. “At first you can hardly believe it, and I think it will take a long time to sink in completely. It was on my last spin that it happened. I read how last week a Napoleon player won a multi-million jackpot and of course I started dreaming about it as well. But to actually live this moment… I feel so lucky.”
The previous record had also come from Mega Moolah. A player at Betway online casino, Jonathan Haywood, won €17.9 million, which had made him the recipient of the biggest jackpot of all time, according to Guinness World Records.
Top UK Winner: The Epic £13.2 Million Mega Moolah Jackpot
Not many people believe they can win a cash sum with online pokies that would make the average lottery win look modest – but it keeps happening with UK jackpots. In the past few years, one of the biggest and most memorable jackpot wins by a British player was the £13.2 million won by Jonathan Haywood, from Cheshire, in October 2015.
He was a soldier who’d been on tour in Afghanistan, so it looks like Lady Luck shined her light on a real hero when she chose where to send the jackpot. Jonathan said he was planning on using some of the winnings to fund treatment for his sick father, making the win even more heart-warming. There’s more good news for anyone wishing they could strike a multi-million win, or even a few hundred thousand – you don’t need to spend a small fortune. Jonathan won his millions with a 25p spin.
Biggest Kiwi Casino Jackpot Winners
In May 2020, a player from New Zealand set a new record for the country by claiming a prize of NZ$13.6 million on Mega Moolah. It was the largest win in the currency since the game began, eclipsing the NZ$10,144,395.82 won by Rawiri Pou in June 2016. The 27-year-old KFC worker initially won NZ$1,500, but he sensed his luck was in, so he continued playing and ended up landing the huge win.
Pou was the fifth player in history to trigger the top jackpot prize on the Mega Moolah progressive jackpot pokie when using NZ dollars as a currency. The first Kiwi jackpot winner earned a NZ$1,062,335.94 big win in 2013, and the wins grew bigger over time. Another player claimed a NZ$8.3 million jackpot win on the progressive pokie, but the NZ$13.6 million payout in 2020 blew that out of the water.
Largest Pokies Jackpot Won in Canada
One fortunate player won a record-breaking payout of CA$20,059,287 on Mega Moolah at the Zodiac Casino in January 2019. The jackpot winner was one of five players to win the main jackpot on the game that year. Captain Cooks, Yukon Gold, and Grand Mondial were the online casino platforms that paid out the other five progressive jackpot prizes, each worth more than CA$3 million.
The following year, another Canadian player scooped CA$16,496,347.95 at the JackpotCity casino site while the country was in lockdown. It was one of the biggest jackpot wins in history. The next month, a separate player clinched CA$9,959,553.83 on Mega Moolah, and a different player claimed a CA$4,480,847 jackpot three days later.
Biggest Irish Jackpot Pokies Winner
A Northern Irish chef won a €4.86 million jackpot when playing an online pokie machine game called Mars Attack. The game is based on the quirky 1996 film of the same name, which sees Martians invade our planet and wreak a bizarre brand of havoc. Sean Doyle, a 33-year-old player from Newcastle in Co. Down, placed a €10 stake and secured the Jackpot King Deluxe. The jackpot total reached more than €1 million by the time he arrived at work to serve Valentine’s Day customers at The Artisan Cookhouse in Strangford.
He turned on his phone after his shift had finished, and he realised he had clinched one of the biggest jackpot payouts of all time. “When I got home, I couldn’t believe my eyes after I saw the final amount,” he said, adding that he planned to share his winnings with his siblings.
Biggest Pokies Winners of All Time
These are the top five biggest jackpot payouts that have ever been:
- The aforementioned €19.4 million win claimed by a player in Belgium is currently the biggest jackpot payout of all time. It was won on Mega Moolah, the Microgaming progressive jackpot pokie that is responsible for many of the world’s biggest jackpot payouts.
- British soldier Jonathan Heywood took home a €17,879,645 payout after triggering the Mega Moolah jackpot in 2015. He had only been a Betway customer when he landed the record-breaking jackpot. Heywood went into work the next day and completed a shift, but he was able to quit his job, invest his cash, become a property developer and pay lavish sums to his friends and family.
- A player in Finland won €17,861,800 on the Mega Fortune progressive jackpot pokie at Betsson back in 2013. The 40-year-old jackpot winner, who asked not to be named, wagered just €0.25 on the pokie, and earned the biggest jackpot in history at the time.
- A British player won a £15,183,085.96 WowPot jackpot at 32Red in 2021. The player, known as Mr M, said: “I’m still in shock, I can’t believe it. Obviously, I am absolutely over the moon because stuff like this doesn’t happen to me! When I won, I had to Google how many zeros make up a million – just to be doubly sure! I just sat and looked at the screen for ages. It’s still sinking in.”
- A Canadian player won the CA$20,057,734 jackpot on Mega Moolah at the Zodiac Casino. Lots of Canadian players have earned life-changing progressive jackpot payouts in recent years.