Welcome to the Best Source of NZ Online Casinos
Looking to play at safe online casino sites in New Zealand? CasinoSource.co.nz lists the top NZ casinos online for 2017. All sites are fully licensed, vetted by our team, and can be trusted to offer fair play. We collect big exclusive sign up offers, review the full casino and are here to help with any questions. Find casino reviews, game information and free spins today!
Terms and Conditions apply for all bonuses. Must be +18 to participate.
Top New Zealand Online Casinos 2017
Leo Vegas Casino
Leo Vegas is set to take on the gambling world offering more than 400 games and boasting a rich library of video slots, live dealer games and progressive jackpots. Leo Vegas is one of the best mobile casinos in the market, with great promotions and unbeatable service.
777 is an online casino that aims to replicate the Vegas gambling experience with its visual, stylish and fast website, featuring live casino games. Owned by 888 Holdings subsidiary Cassava Enterprises, 777 offers a wide range of slots, casino games and live casino options.
Mr Green Casino
Mr Green offers one of the most diverse online gaming experiences in the market. As a registered player you'll have access to nine software suppliers, 300+ casino games, NZ$350 in bonus cash and 100 free spins, all housed inside one of the slickest-looking platforms around.
Recognized around the world thanks to their well-known PartyPoker product, the Party brand is one of the biggest gambling operators on the planet. Their impressive array of resources are on full display at this excellent online casino and should be considered by any players looking for a new home to join!
NetBet Casino continues to expand its reach as it looks to become to the #1 online casino in the world. Now offered to Kiwis, NetBet Casino is one online casino you sure won't want to miss!
Winner Casino is a truly global online casino, with sites in more than 12 languages and a universal appeal. It offers a comprehensive bonus system that starts with a 200% welcome bonus worth up to $300 and more than 300 high-quality casino games.
Using the latest cloud-based gaming technology to bring an impressive selection of games to players, Sloty is an online casino that more and more players are taking off with.
Spinit is one of the newer casinos on the market, but performs like a seasoned veteran. Partnering with some of the best software providers out there, Spinit is able to offer a fresh but familiar look that many online casino gamers will enjoy.
Eurogrand Casino, part of the William Hill group, is known for its impressive design and generous sign-up bonuses. Players who join Eurogrand have access to hundreds of top quality Playtech games, compatible with both desktop and mobile devices.
With several high-profile sponsorships and an adjustable interface, Betway stands up against the greats in the online betting market. It doesn't matter if you're a low-stakes novice or a multitasking pro after big money games, Betway Casino offers it all.
The Best New Zealand Online Casinos Guide 2017
The advent of internet casino games in the years leading up to the end of the 20th century created an opportunity for players all around the world to experience safe, real-money online gambling straight from their desktops, laptops, and even mobile devices. The thrills and excitement of traditional brick-and-mortar casinos have been transferred from the real world to the web, with none of the perks left out. Players looking to enjoy a hand of blackjack or a quick spin on the pokies can do so without the hassle of leaving the comfort of home.
The best New Zealand online casinos offer all the most popular table games and pokies found around traditional brick-and-mortar establishments as well as new and unique versions made specific for websites. The biggest iGaming sites in New Zealand partner with a wealth of the top software providers who create the most cutting-edge casino games for players to enjoy, helping to supply those players with the most up-to-date online experience. With so much going in to the biggest and best New Zealand sites, players looking to pick one to bet with can be a bit overwhelmed by the selection.
Thankfully, this New Zealand guide for 2017 breaks down all there is to know about the best online casinos in New Zealand and how to find them. Players wondering how to make a deposit online or looking to find out who offers the biggest progressive jackpots can find it all right here in this guide, where players will find the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about online casinos as well as other useful tips to ensure players find the best New Zealand options available on the web!
Choosing the Best New Zealand Online Casinos
Choosing the best online gambling operators in New Zealand can be a bit daunting when the selection includes dozens, if not hundreds, of topnotch choices. Fortunately, the best casino review sites like CasinoSource.co.nz can help guide players through the complex world of choosing a site to join. New Zealanders looking to pick the best sites should start by considering game selection, before moving on to welcome bonuses and overall user experience.
Ensuring the selection has all the games and titles players love is crucial when choosing which one to sign up with. Once a player has established that the games they like are offered, players should move on to considering the bonuses being offered to new players as well as the actual user experience. If several competitors have the games and titles a player loves, offer generous welcome bonuses to new players, and have quality user experiences, players are ready to get into the nitty-gritty of choosing where they want to play.
Since most of the biggest betting operators in New Zealand offer the most popular games from all the top software providers, supply outrageously generous welcome bonuses, and offer a smooth, user-friendly gambling experience, players must look to more obscure aspects to find the differences. This includes investigating an operator’s payout rate or analyzing the mobile options available, like if a dedicated mobile app exists or not. The more you know about the brand, the easier it is to choose one!
How Safe is Online Gambling
A major concern of many new online gamblers is internet safety. The early days of gambling on the internet came with a bit of personal risk but, thankfully, any players enjoying one of today’s top online casinos have nothing to worry about when it comes to safety and security. All the top options on the web take an immense amount of precaution when it comes to player security.
Any private information provided to a major site is guaranteed to be protected from third parties. All financial transactions are encrypted to avoid any virtual theft. Overall, the gambling world has come a long way with respect to player safety, ensuring all modern players they are safe to enjoy iGaming websites without securities risk.
Are Real Money Online Casinos Legal in New Zealand?
All forms of gambling in New Zealand are highly regulated, including online gambling, which is not permitted if the operator is based in New Zealand. Since New Zealand’s gambling laws only focus on casinos and companies based in the country, it is actually perfectly legal for Kiwis to engage in online gambling as long as the operator is based remotely in a different country. While it is illegal for these sites to advertise their services in New Zealand, it is perfectly fine for New Zealanders to access and play real-money games at them.
Do Gambling Sites Need a New Zealand License?
Real-world casinos in New Zealand must have the proper licensing, but since online gambling is illegal for companies based in the country there is no license for operators to acquire. Kiwis would be wise, however, to ensure that any online casino they wish to play at does have a gaming license from one of the world’s top regulatory authorities
Understanding Online Betting Reviews
Players researching the best online casinos typically find themselves overwhelmed with endless amounts of online reviews for all the top names in the world, including New Zealand. Finding reviews players can trust can be tough. Luckily, credible online casino reviews, like the ones you find on CasinoSource.co.nz, can be used to help players find the best choice for them!
In order for a review to be credible, as well as thorough, a few key aspects of the sites must be reviewed. First off, reviews should always indicate which countries the online casino can legally accept players from. Once legality is confirmed, reviews should investigate the safety and security of sites before moving onto more personal preferences like game selection and software providers.
Understanding what games are offered, who provides them and just how many options are available is crucial to some players’ decisions. Other players are more interested in the aesthetics of the experience, which is typically covered in the user experience section, while some are all about the returns so they stick to reviews which include mention of the payout rates. Regardless of players’ preferences, a quality review can go a long way in successfully picking the best websites to join!
Most Popular Table, Card, and Slot Games 2017
- Online Pokies | Topping the list of most popular games in 2017, online pokies are by far the most played offering available on the web. Thanks to all the top software providers turning a majority of their attention to creating new and exciting titles, pokies are now offered by the hundreds at each of the top iGaming stops.
- Blackjack | Hitting 21 has proven to be as exciting on the internet as it is in real life because online players have embraced this timeless card game just as traditional gamblers always have. With what seems like an endless list of variants offered, online blackjack is certainly a staple among the best sites.
- Roulette | Players looking for a bit of simplicity have always turned their attention to spinning the roulette wheel. This trend was passed along to online players as roulette has become, like blackjack, a crucial staple among online game selections.
- Baccarat | Baccarat didn’t always find the most success in the traditional brick-and-mortar establishments, especially when compared to blackjack, but online baccarat has certainly found a place for itself among the most popular internet games.
- Live-Dealer Games | As video streaming technology has improved, so has the overall experience of live-dealer products. Now that live-dealer sites can use the highest quality HD cameras to stream their professional dealers, online players are taking notice. Most top gambling sites now offer some form of live-dealer games.
Classics like blackjack and roulette seem timeless as players embrace the ageless games just as they always have in brick-and-mortar establishments. Games like baccarat have also found love among online players throughout the last couple decades but it is online slots that have taken the iGaming world by storm.
Making up a majority of all the games produced online, slot game are definitely the cream of every crop. Interactive games hosted by a live, professional dealer are also on the rise in terms of popularity in 2017. Most of the top online sites offer some form of a live product featuring live-dealer games.
Learn About the Top Software and Game Providers
Online table games, card games and slot titles wouldn’t be much without their games and the people to thank for those are the world’s top third-party software providers and developers from industry leaders like Playtech, Microgaming and Net Entertainment. These companies not only provide the incredible table games and slots titles everyone’s grown to love, they also create and provide the backend side of the sites. The top game providers include those listed above, with Net Entertainment getting the most recent recognition for their titles, as well as others such as Ash Gaming, Quickspin, Evolution Gaming, Thunderkick, and Yggdrasil, to name a few.
Top 4 Best Table Games to Play on the Internet
- Blackjack | Blackjack has always only required a player, a dealer, and a deck of cards. The simplicity of the game, combined with its required skill and overall excitement, is the core reasoning behind this table game translating so easily to the internet. The expansion of live dealer variants has pushed this game’s popularity even higher, solidifying its place as the top table game to play on the web.
- European Roulette | Online gamblers seem to enjoy the single zero used in this variant as European Roulette touts a massive following and can be found offered at all the biggest sites in New Zealand. The simple action of a wheel spinning made all types of roulette ripe for translation to the web.
- American Roulette | Not far behind European Roulette in terms of Kiwi player volume is its western counterpart, American Roulette. Offering two zeroes, American Roulette calls in a crowd looking for a little more risk but the game translates equally as well to the internet as European Roulette.
- Three Card Poker | Known as the most profitable table game available, this poker offshoot has become a major offering among all the best table games websites. Not always as popular as blackjack and roulette but much more profitable, three card poker is one of the best games to play on the web.
Signing Up for an Online Account
Once a player has investigated which online casino to enjoy, they must sign up for an account. Most registrations ask players to provide some personal information before picking their deposit method and making their first deposit. The following is the most common personal information asked for when players sign up:
- Date of Birth
- Security Questions
- Betting Currency
Here’s a step-by-step guide to depositing funds:
Step 1: Go to the deposit page, which is usually clearly marked or offered once you’ve signed up for a new account.
Step 2: Decide which payment method you’d like to use to make your deposit – remember most deposit methods are then used as withdrawal methods too.
Step 3: Once you’ve confirmed the operator accepts your desired payment method, find out if there are any time restraints to deposit with that method or any fees associated with that method.
Step 4: Input all the relevant banking information.
Step 5: Decide how much to deposit on your first deposit – don’t forget most signup bonuses offer to match your first deposit, so make sure to take full advantage!
Step 6: Confirm all the information entered and save.
Best Deposit Options for Online Gambling
- Debit/Credit Cards | Used around the world in a majority of countries for most everyday purchases, debit and credit cards are also the most used deposit method at online casinos. VISA and MasterCard debit/credit cards are by far the most widely accepted but some sites do accept others like American Express or Discover.
- eWallets | As one would expect with an internet-based industry like online gambling, digital banking methods are popular as is the case with eWallets. The eWallets accepted at almost all the best UK gambling sites include NETELLER and Skrill (formerly known as Moneybookers).
- Prepaid Cards | Thanks to the added security, prepaid cards are an extremely popular deposit method for players. A large portion of the top rated places to play in New Zealand accept the most popular prepaid card, Paysafecard. The Paysafe Group also owns and operates multiple eWallet services including Skrill.
- Bank Transfers | A direct bank transfer has always been a widely used deposit method for many online players. Increased security and technology has also made this option much safer and thus more popular.
- Pay-by-Phone | The newest form of depositing to take online gambling by storm, pay-by-phone through services like Boku and Zimpler is now accepted at a ton of the most popular online betting offerings. Based on an account set up through your phone service, pay-by-phone services add a new dimension of security to depositing.
- Bitcoin | The cryptocurrency taking the world by storm despite it’s somewhat mysterious beginnings, Bitcoin is by far the most popular virtual currency available. The digital, encrypted currency thrives, in part, thanks to its stellar privacy and security benefits as well as Bitcoin’s digital nature. All this and more is why the world of online gambling has embraced Bitcoin as a means of depositing and withdrawing.
Do Online Deposits Charge Any Fees?
Most deposits made with the top payment options will require no fee but some sites will collect a fee even on debit and credit card deposits as well as eWallets; fortunately, this practice isn’t all that common. For players who wish to make a deposit with a more unique service like PayPal or a direct bank transfer, operators are more likely to carry a small fee.
Is There a Limit on How Much You Can Deposit?
Almost all online casinos, including the biggest in New Zealand, have some sort of limit on how much a player can deposit at a time or in a given time period. Some operators push that limit to the point it only affects the highest rollers, like $10,000, but others consider the limits a way to promote responsible gambling so they limit deposits to $100 a day or $300 a week, for instance. The deposit method players choose also plays a role; a service like Paysafecard will limit the deposit amount to a few hundred on average but eWallets tend to allow much higher limits.
Players usually enjoy withdrawing funds from their account more so than depositing. But like depositing, withdrawing has become a breeze. Most sign-up processes inform players whatever payment method they’ve chosen to make the initial deposit will be used for all withdrawals. This means if a player deposited with a debit card like VISA, then they will receive their withdrawals to that same account. Worth noting, MasterCard is one of the most common depositing methods but typically does not offer a withdrawal option, so withdrawals must be completed to an alternative account.
What Does it Cost to Withdraw Funds from an Account?
A majority of the biggest gambling websites in the UK typically only charge withdrawal fees on unique or obscure payment methods like PayPal but a huge portion of withdrawals to debit/credit cards and eWallets do not carry any cost.
How Long Does it Take to Process Withdrawals?
There are no steadfast rules for processing times when it comes to withdrawing from an account but it’s safe to say on average most withdrawals through popular payment methods will take about 3-5 days. Some casino sites pride themselves on quick processing times and can do it in less than 2 days but others struggle and need up to 7 days of processing.
How Much Can You Withdraw at One Time?
Limits on the amount a player can withdraw vary but do exist in some fashion at most of them. Sometimes players are limited to certain amounts per day with the average on debit/credit cards and eWallets hovering around $1,000 - $3,000. Some limits only apply weekly or monthly and reach much higher totals.
High Paying Sites
Determining which of the biggest online casinos pays out its players the most each year can be done by simply researching the payout rate for each site. The payout rate percentage can vary from site to site, and even game to game, and is governed by the laws of each jurisdiction. Slot payouts are on average between 96% and 98%, with other games paying out less often.
Online Pokies with the Biggest Progressive Jackpots
The online pokie games with the biggest progressive jackpots are a top commodity in New Zealand. Casino sites offering these pokie titles with the largest jackpots can draw in an unprecedented amount of new and returning players. Here is a list of the online pokie titles offering the biggest progressive jackpots and who is offering them:
How Do Players Claim Online Winnings?
Claiming your winnings from a game is easy, especially when it’s a small prize. Any winnings earned during normal game play will automatically be added to your account and can be withdrawn to your bank account at your convenience but can also sit inside the account until more winnings are earned if players prefer to wait to withdraw it all at once. Players who win massive jackpots or uniquely large payouts will need to check the online operator’s withdrawal terms to confirm how much can be withdrawn at a given time. Some gambling sites require the player contact them directly for the larger winnings to confirm their identity and the legitimacy of the claim.
Random Number Generator (RNG) and How it Affects the Games
Online gamblers in search of the best games often come across references to a ‘random number generator’ but what is the RNG and how does affect the odds of the games? Random Number Generator (RNG) is software used for games of chance to generate a sequence of numbers, cards or symbols that cannot be predicted at a higher rate than random choice. So basically, RNG is the bedrock of the randomness of online slot, table and card games which solidifies the legitimacy and fairness of all the games. Without RNG technology, players couldn’t be assured the games were fair and random.
Is There a Limit to How Much a Player Can Bet?
Betting limits have long been a discussion within the world of online gambling. Allowing players the opportunity to bet massive amounts on a single hand or one spin can be a major draw to a particular site but can also create much higher risk of devastating losses for the players, a negative in the eyes of those looking to promote responsible gambling. Because of this break in ideology, games with all ranges of betting limits exist on the web. Some games only let players bet $10 per turn while other games seem limitless in terms of wagering amounts. New players should stick to casino sites and games with lower betting limits, while the higher limits should be left for high rollers.
Tips to Becoming a High Roller
- Manage a huge bankroll. Operators gauge a player’s status off of potential loses, not actual losses, so keeping a huge bankroll will certainly attribute if the site views the player as a high roller.
- Always play big. Betting big and doing it often is obviously a huge part of becoming a high roller. These bets should reach well into the tens of thousands, if not more, on a regular basis.
- Find your game of choice (preferably baccarat). The game you choose when betting high can make or break your chances of sustaining that status so choosing a favorable game is crucial. Baccarat is the most profitable table game and is thus featured in most high roller rooms around the web.
- Earn the reputation. Access to high roller games is typically invite only, so establishing yourself through the above mentioned tips is vital to actually earning the status in the eyes of the casino and its other high rollers.
Downloading to Your Desktop
Although more popular in the earlier days of internet casinos, a large number of the most popular online products to gamble with can still be downloaded straight to your desktop for easy access. The downloadeded offerings provide a shortcut to the games without having to actually visit the websites in a browser as well as allow the software developers to load up the files with memory-consuming features and widgets. Nowadays, instant-play websites displayed within a browser can handle all the software upgrades, making instant-plays more user-friendly and thus more popular.
The growth of mobile gambling and mobile casinos has brought downloading back into the forefront, though, but this time with mobile apps as opposed to desktop apps. A wealth of the biggest Kiwi online betting sites offer dedicated mobile apps for their gambling products, which can be downloaded straight to the device just like the desktop. Although instant-play casinos have taken hold in the world of browser-based iGaming, the mobile world is heading back in the direction of downloading it seems.
Advantages of Instant-Play Websites
Experienced online gamblers will attest to just how far instant-play (also known as browser-based) casinos have come since their creation. Thanks to advancements in processors, software, graphics, memory saving and a few other areas, playing instantly through a browser has become the easiest way to access an online casino. Instant-play sites are now the most common product offered with many of the newer brands not even offering a downloadable version.
For many years, downloading to your desktop was more advantageous than playing in the browser but this no longer holds true. Instant-plays come with a wealth of advantages, which is why they’ve become the most popular way to access all the games. Players do not need to download space-consuming software on their computer, nor do they need to update the software when upgrades have been made (that’s all done automatically with instant-play). Players using instant-play websites can also access the most up-to-date game lists, a major draw for some online players.
Are Mobile Casinos the Same as Traditional Sites?
Adapting an online casino for use on a mobile device was once a tall task for developers but thanks to major advancements in technology, enjoying table and slot games while on-the-go doesn’t mean the player has to sacrifice any of the features or elements of the product they love. Thanks to what is known as HTML5, most of the top rated mobile sites and apps mirror their browser-based counterparts exactly.
Gambling sites have also turned their attentions to mobile applications. Mobile apps can mirror an offering but some choose to purposefully narrow down the product for those players looking for quick access to a specific kind of game, like just online slots. The degree to which a mobile product mirrors the website-based one normally depends on the preference of the brand.
Are All Games Mobile-Friendly?
Unfortunately, not all the games offered can be played on mobile devices BUT with each passing day more and more online games are being adapted for mobile use. As of now, though, it’s safe to assume your favourite title is offered on mobile devices through at least one of the top mobile casinos and/or their dedicated apps.
Best Mobile Devices for Online Gambling
iPhone | The most popular mobile device in the world is Apple’s iPhone, which happens to also be the most popular device for playing online pokie games. Whether it’s through mobile-browser based site or dedicated mobile apps, a large majority of online players use the iPhone to bet.
iPad | iPhones are more common than their tablet counterpart, the iPad, but the larger Apple product does provide a more in depth online gambling experience so the only thing holding it back from topping this list would seem to be quantity vs iPhones.
Samsung Galaxy | The Samsung Galaxy line of phones has gained a bunch of attention lately as one of the top mobile phones on the market carrying the Android software. This rise has also pushed the phone into the top ranks of devices used to enjoy iGaming.
Microsoft Surface Pro | Tablets are obviously not going to be as popular as actual phones used all day long but their increased screen sizes and improved graphics provide an awesome online gambling experience. The Microsoft Surface Pro provides stellar graphics and a massive screen to enjoy your favourite online offerings and all they have to offer.
Best Mobile Casinos in New Zealand 2017
- Leo Vegas Mobile Casino
- Mr Green Mobile Casino
- Casino Cruise Mobile Casino
- 777 Mobile Casino
- Winner Mobile Casino
Gambling Sites with the Best Mobile Apps 2017
- Leo Vegas – Casino, Sport and Live Casino | Garnering a reputation as the world's leader in mobile gambling, the all-inclusive Leo Vegas mobile app tops this list thanks to its stellar user experience, limitless mobile game titles and ability to offer access to not only the casino, but the live casino and betting products as well.
- Mr Green Casino, Sportsbook & Live Table Games | Like Leo Vegas, the Swedish-based Mr Green has also taken a mobile-first design while creating their products, the main reason these two are considered the top mobile casinos and gambling operators on the market.
- Coral Sports Betting & Casino | Coral's mobile app might lead with the betting product but the online casino portion of the app is certainly "leading man" quality. Offering a wealth of the world's top online casino games and betting markets, Coral's mobile app is must for all Kiwi punters.
- Casino Cruise – Casino | An up-and-coming casino, Casino Cruise is a thoroughly modern gaming option designed and run by long-time industry veterans. Their mobile offering offers top-notch casino games.
- EuroGrand | From cutting edge casino games, to live dealer offering, to scratch cards and more, there is plenty for New Zealand players to enjoy at EuroGrand’s excellent mobile casino offering.
Relax! You're safe with CasinoSource.co.nz!
The following organizations have certified that CasinoSource.co.nz recommends only safe and secure online gambling destinations:
Play Your Favourite Casino Games!
Whatever your favorite game is, are you sure you are playing at the best online casino for your game? We've reviewed New Zealand's best and ranked the best online casinos for each game below. Check it out!
Are You Getting the Best Sign Up Bonuses?
The members of our Preferred Players Club certainly are. Be the first to know about the best sign up offers and enjoy privileges like access to exclusive events, giveaways and prize drawings.
Membership is free so don't miss out!